COMMUNITY IMPACT FUNDING APPLICATION
Funding Period: July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020: THIS CYCLE HAS PASSED AND THIS INFORMATION IS FOR REFERENCE ONLY.
We are pleased to announce the application for the Community Impact Funding Cycle for 2019-20. The United Way of Licking County (UWLC) is striving to make positive changes by utilizing the 2016 Community Blueprint, a collaboration of non-profit organizations, government agencies, businesses and funders to determine the needs, and the programs to help change the conditions and improve the lives of individuals in our community.
For the 2019-2020 funding cycle, UWLC seeks to:
• Partner with organizations with strong leadership, staff, evaluation process, and financial stability;
• Focus and leverage resources;
• Invest in evidence-based best practices;
• Reward cooperation/collaboration;
• Measure results more frequently; and
• Encourage participation in our Annual Campaign.
This application will be used by the Community Impact Division in their process to determine funding. The documents are posted on our web site.
COMPLETE electronic version and original version of the Funding Application, Budget Worksheets and all accompanying documentation MUST BE RECEIVED AT THE UNITED WAY OF LICKING COUNTY OFFICE NO LATER THAN 12:00pm NOON ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2018. A separate application form must be completed for EACH program for which you are requesting United Way of Licking County funding. If submitting more than one program, the organization only needs to submit organizational documentation once (see list below). Please refer to the following instructions to submit the electronic Funding Application, Budget Worksheets and all accompanying documentation:
1. Open Application and choose “Save As” under the “File” menu.
2. Save the file on your computer and name it with your organization’s name (initials okay to use), the program name and funding year (i.e. XXX Agency ABC Program Application 2019-20)
3. Type the information into the form and save the changes.
4. Follow the same process for any other documentation.
5. Submit the documentation from the website as directed. The electronic version should (preferably) be digitally signed. If unable to digitally sign, then hand sign, scan and save as new PDF to upload. The original paper version must be physically signed.
6. Paper versions should be either:
Mailed to: United Way of Licking County, PO Box 4490, Newark, OH 43058-4490
or Delivered to: UWLC office at: 50 South 2nd Street - 2nd Floor, Newark OH 43055
The following forms are provided by UWLC and are required for submittal:
Applicants will also need to submit the following items (only once if submitting multiple programs):
• Most Recent Verification of Registration with the State Attorney General (http://charitableregistration.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/charities/Research-Charities.aspx)
• 501(c)(3) Letter issued by the IRS.
• Most Recent Proof of Liability Insurance Coverage
• Most Recent 990 (as determined by organization’s revenue). Form MUST be hand-signed.
• Most Recent Audit (as determined by organization’s revenue)
Applicants should also submit optional supporting documentation:
• Validation Tool
NOTE: APPLICANTS WILL HAVE ONLY THE SPACE PROVIDED IN THE FORMS PROVIDED BY UWLC. Applicants are not permitted to manipulate font size!
Be prepared to download Adobe Acrobat DC Pro in order to complete the PDF document. This is a free download at: https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/free-trial-download.html
• An informational Application Workshop Q&A session will take place on Thursday, August 16 at 5:30pm-7:30pm at the Licking County Public Library, 101 West Main Street, Newark. The session will explain this year’s application process and will be your opportunity to ask questions of the UWLC staff and UWLC Community Impact Division reviewers.
Questions? Contact Helen Hall, Administrative Director at United Way: (740) 345-6685 or email@example.com.