The United Way of Licking County seeks a part-time (20 hours) marketing professional that can bring United Way’s evolving brand to life and illustrate our mission and work in a way that excites, engages and motivates the community to take action.
Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, graphic design or related field strongly preferred.
Essential Job Functions
* Brand Management
* Corporate and Community Engagement
* Digital Strategy
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Formulate a strategic marketing and communications plan to maintain high visibility and relevance year-round.
* Assist with all written items to be sent to donors or stakeholders to ensure consistent branding as directed by the executive director.
* Produce e-news to be sent to United Way of Licking County’s email distribution list.
* Support United Way partners on co-branding opportunities as directed.
* Develop meaningful working relationships with media contacts by providing excellent service and responding to requests in a timely manner.
* Oversee the production of all public service announcements and other video or audio media.
* Utilize the UWW Message Platform to formulate effective messages and stories.
* Provide leadership, including design and production, on all collateral projects for United Way of Licking County.
* Evaluate, recommend, and monitor brand execution.
Corporate and Community Engagement
* Direct and implement United Way of Licking County’s marketing strategy and adhere to United Way Worldwide branding standards. Markets and implements plans consistent with the organization’s Strategic Plan, which provide continuity and consistency between the various interrelated functions of United Way of Licking County.
* Create and distribute media alerts related to programs and events, as needed.
* Development and implementation of a year-round communication/marketing plan for UWLC that utilizes key messages and effective marketing strategies.
* Management of external communication through web, electronic, print and social media platforms.
* Responsible for writing, editing, messaging and consistency in materials.
* Develops marketing materials and promotions for events.
* Research and develop innovative and effective plans around digital strategy to target multi-channel marketing programs.
* Execute social media strategies across platforms, including: creating engaging content, posting, keeping profiles up-to-date, monitoring pages, and tracking and analyzing metrics.
* Develop and update content on United Way’s website and troubleshoot issues as needed.
* Create and/or edit content and distribute e-blasts (e-newsletters, evites, etc.) using applicable software. * Position to be a premier source for information about United Way of Licking County.
* Position UWLC to be a premier source of information on all social media outlets.
* Leverage social media and online engagement opportunities.
* Coordinate the design and production of all collateral/literature to be used to promote United Way of Licking County.
* Experience with Adobe software – especially InDesign
* Experience with Wix platform.
* Understanding of SEO and Google Analytics.
* Strong written and public speaking skills and the ability to effectively use communications to advance the organization’s brand strategy.
* Ability to work independently with a high level of initiative.
* Strong project management skills.
* Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders.
* Able to be resourceful and creative in an environment with limited resources.
* A genuine desire to support the mission of the United Way of Licking County and to help those in need.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three (3) references to Executive Director Deb Dingus: email@example.com. Hiring will be based upon a successfully completed United Way application and background check. Interviews will be scheduled for only the most qualified applicants.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Removal Date: Until Filled